I read a lot of blog posts related to the InfoSec industry because I love learning. I have decided to keep a record of the best research and tools I discover each week.
12 - 18 April
- https://shenaniganslabs.io/2021/04/13/Airstrike.html - Good research, good impact, highly recommend giving it a read.
15 - 21 March 2021
8 - 14 March 2021
- We have the unauthenticated Exchange RCE tracked as CVE-2021-27065 with multiple public PoCs here, here and here.
- https://www.graplsecurity.com/post/anatomy-of-an-exploit-rce-with-cve-2020-1350-sigred - SigRed getting the love it deserves with an awesome write-up.
- https://windows-internals.com/exploiting-a-simple-vulnerability-part-2-what-if-we-made-exploitation-harder/ - Excellent Windows exploit development research.
- https://research.checkpoint.com/2021/playing-in-the-windows-sandbox/ - Deep dive into Windows Sandbox internals.
1 - 7 March 2021
- https://sensepost.com/blog/2020/routopsy-hacking-routing-with-routers/ - Attacking Layer 3 network protocols in internal networks.
- https://github.com/JamesCooteUK/SharpSphere - Dump and download VM's memory, then manually extract credentials from LSASS. This tool is extra useful with the below CVE.
- Unauthenticated VMware vCenter RCE tracked as CVE-2021-21972 was disclosed with multiple public PoCs.
- https://s3cur3th1ssh1t.github.io/Bypass_AMSI_by_manual_modification/ - Some good research of bypassing AMSI.
- https://github.com/cribdragg3r/Alaris - Seems like a promising shellcode loader for bypassing antivirus.
- https://blog.orange.tw/2021/02/a-journey-combining-web-and-binary-exploitation.html - I found this to be an interesting exploitation chain leveraging a user-after-free vuln in PHP.
- https://thezerohack.com/how-i-might-have-hacked-any-microsoft-account - Microsoft account takeover with a tricky brute force attack.
22 - 28 February 2021
- https://itm4n.github.io/windows-registry-rpceptmapper-exploit/ - A detailed write-up of the previously mentioned Perfusion tool, which includes a neat trick for getting an interactive SYSTEM shell.
- https://blog.joeminicucci.com/2021/who-let-the-arps-out-from-arp-spoof-to-domain-compromise - I always find ARP spoofing a viable method on internal networks, and this blog demonstrates how it lead to Domain Admin.
- https://www.mdsec.co.uk/2021/02/farming-for-red-teams-harvesting-netntlm/ - This is an amazing toolkit for poisoning file shares with hash leaking canaries. I look forward to testing it on future Red Teams / Internals.
15 - 21 February 2021
- https://www.ambionics.io/blog/symfony-secret-fragment - This got me RCE on a webapp test. Absolutely amazing work, and high-caliber write-up.
- https://alephsecurity.com/2021/02/16/apport-lpe/ - Cool method to get root on all versions of Ubuntu dating back to 12.04. PoC linked at the end.
8 - 14 February 2021
- Dependency Confusion: How I Hacked Into Apple, Microsoft and Dozens of Other Companies
- Bypassing LastPass’s “Advanced” YubiKey MFA: A MITM Phishing Attack
- System Threads and their elusiveness. ‘Practical Reverse Engineering’ solutions - Part 2
- Relay Attacks via Cobalt Strike Beacons
- Relaying 101
- Perfusion - Windows 7, Windows Server 2008R2, Windows 8, and Windows Server 2012 privilege escalation. PoC included.